The NBA Women Forum, Ondo State on Monday, organized the Maiden Edition of the NBAWF Ondo State 2023 Law Week with the caption “Women in Law: In the Democratic Dispensation”. The event featured activities spanning between Monday, the 22nd and Tuesday the 23rd May, 2023 at the Aare Afe Babalola, Bar Centre.
Activities marking the Day 1 of the event included a health walk designed to provide an opportunity for participants to exercise themselves as well as a free medical check-up conducted in collaboration with the Medical Women Association of Nigeria and the Association of Lady Pharmacists, Ondo State.
The Day which had the main events featured the openning ceremony as well as technical sessions that drew subject matter experts to discuss on issues including: “Stress management: A global itch”, “Sexual harassment at workplace” and “Career progression of female lawyers”.
Among the dignitaries present to grace the occasion were the Chief Judge of Ondo state, Justice A. O. Odusola, who was the Special Guest of Honor; the Attorney General of Ondo State; the Chief Registrar of Ondo State amongst others.
The event dovetailed into a Gala Night where female jurists and lawyers who have contributed immensely to the development of law in Ondo State were honored.
Some of the award categories and recipients include:
– Mrs. Jumoke Anifowoshe, First female Attorney and Commissioner for Justice, Ondo State
– Rt. Hon. Jumoke Akindele, First Female.Speaker of the Ondo State House of
– Princess Catherine OladunniOdu, First Female Secretary to Ondo State government
– Late Hon. Justice Gladys Olateru-Olagbegi, First female Chief Judge of Ondo State
– Hon. Justice Folashade Aguda-Taiwo, First female President of the Customary Court of Appeal, Ondo State
– Hon Justice Bolarinde Fadoju, First female indigenous Chief Registrar of Ondo State
a. Mrs. Adesola Adeyemi- Tuki
b. Mrs. Christiana Abitoye
Highpoints of the event were the awards presentation, the technical sessions as well as the message from the the Chairperson of the NBA Women Forum, Mrs. Chinyere Okorocha who was represented at the event by Mrs. Musleemah Nagode Olumide, a Council Member of the Forum.